Every year, we butcher a pig so we have plenty of pork in our freezer. And every year, I struggle with what to do with the ribs. Honestly? Cooking ribs scares me. They seem like they should be hard to cook.
But guess what? With this recipe from Gooseberry Patch‘s “101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes” they are so easy! Seriously? The hardest part was to pick which barbecue sauce to use. (I went with Adobo Barbecue Sauce from Best Boy & Co.)
Seriously. These ribs were so easy that I made homemade mashed potatoes to go with them. (And I don’t do that very often!)
Are you ready for even more great (and easy) slow-cooker recipes? I’m giving away a copy of “101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes” right now! Just head over here and leave a comment for your chance to win.
I will most definitely be making these ribs again – and you should, too! Use more sauce if you like your ribs saucy… just make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand!
Slow-Cooker Sweet and Spicy Ribs
- 2-3 pounds bone-in pork ribs sliced into serving-size pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- salt and papper to taste
- 18- oz bottle favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- Place ribs in a slow cooker (use a liner or spray with non-stick vegetable spray).
- Place onion on top of ribs; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.