Do you have too much zucchini? We do… already. And there is plenty more on the way…
I don’t know about you, but I get tired of our regular zucchini bread recipe. So I was pretty excited to try this Zucchini Oat Bread from Gooseberry Patch‘s new cookbook, “Foolproof Family Recipes.” Really, coming from a cookbook with a name like that, how could I go wrong?
I went with chocolate chips. (Wouldn’t want it to be too good for you, now would you?)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: chocolate chips, raisins, chopped walnuts, or chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients except optional ones in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until moistened.
- Stir in optional ingredients, if desired.
- Divide batter between 2 greased and floured 8"x4" loaf pans or 2 greased and floured 12-cup muffin tins.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes for loaves or 25-30 minutes for muffins, until a toothpick inserted in the center tests clean.