We eat a lot of pork and sausage around here, and I’m always looking for ways to change it up a bit. When I found this recipe for Sausage & Sweet Peppers in Gooseberry Patch‘s new cookbook, “Foolproof Family Recipes”, I knew I had to give it a try!
This was so easy to make… chop up some smoked sausage, potatoes, sweet peppers, and an onion, toss it in some olive oil, salt, and pepper, and throw it in a baking pan!
I’m living by easy recipes right now… Baby Doc‘s bedtime is 7:00pm, so we start wind down and quiet time at 6:00pm. That means that many nights I don’t get started on dinner until after 7:00, or it needs to be something that can cook without a babysitter while I’m getting Baby Doc settled and into bed. If it’s not fast or easy, it doesn’t get made in this house!
Ready for more easy, tried-and-true recipes just like this one? I’m cooking from “Foolproof Family Recipes” by Gooseberry Patch all week long… and I’ll be giving away one copy of this cookbook! Stay tuned to see all the yummy recipes, and to find out how to enter for your chance to win!
Sausage & Sweet Peppers
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 14- ounce package smoked pork sausage sliced
- 3-4 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 16- ounce package mini sweet peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush 1 Tablespoon oil over 9" x 13" pan, set aside.
- Combine sausage and vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil; mix to coat well and spread on pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.