Freezer-Friendly Taco Rice
Do you love tacos? Change up your regular taco night a little bit. Make a double or triple batch of Freezer-Friendly Taco Rice for a quick delicious meal!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1-1/4 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice white, brown, or converted
- 1 16- ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 8- ounce package shredded Mexican or Fiesta blend cheese
- Taco shells burrito shells, tortilla chips
- Extra cheese tomato, avocado, or green onion for garnish.
Brown ground beef and onion in a large saucepan
Stir in taco seasoning, water, rice, and diced tomatoes. Heat over low heat until heated through.
Add shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
Serve immediately on taco shells, wrapped in a burrito shell, or over tortilla chips.
To use after frozen:
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Pour beef mixture into a large saucepan. Add 1 cup of water.
Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
Serve immediately, as above.